WILD THINGS: BIRDING WITH THE COSMIC UNCONSCIOUSNESS

I was up on Rockland Key, scanning around with my binoculars, somewhere between the highway, the cockfighting district and the roaring jets at NAS Key West, when...

MILES TO GO: PACK IT IN FOR HOLIDAY TRAVEL

(Note: This column originally appeared in the Keys Weekly’s latest Holiday magazine. available now inside local businesses and online at keysweekly.com.) Ah, holiday travel.  This is when things get...

‘NUTCRACKER KEY WEST’ BLENDS CONCH LIFE WITH CHRISTMAS

By Amy Patton It’s difficult to imagine a more iconic storytelling of the magic of Christmas than George Balanchine’s classic ballet fantasy, “The Nutcracker.” But there’s no need to leave...

IN PICTURES: KEY WEST’S HOMETOWN HOLIDAY PARADE IS A HIT

One of the most popular events of Key West’s holiday season took place Dec. 3, when the Hometown Holiday Parade stepped off from Truman Avenue and White...

FESTIVUS FOR THE RESTIVUS: CELEBRATING THE ROOTS OF A POP CULTURE HOLIDAY

It’s likely we all have some grievance to air, and as the onslaught of holidays takes hold, there really is no better time. Feeling overfed, overspent and...

KEY WEST CITY COMMISSION MEETING GETS CRANKY

The Dec. 6 Key West city commission meeting got snarly during a two-hour discussion of the pocket park at the top of Duval Street, which the city...

PLAN YOUR KEY WEST HOLIDAY EVENTS THIS WEEKEND

Yes, we know, we’ve run this schedule of holiday events before, but there’s a lot going on this month. Whether you delight in the fun and funky, the...

FLORIDA KEYS OFFICIALS WANT TO USE TOURISM MONEY FOR WORKFORCE HOUSING

Monroe County commissioners kicked off the Dec. 7 meeting in Key Largo by remembering the life and work of Mayor Emeritus Sylvia Murphy, who passed away on...

KEEPING THE MAGIC ALIVE, FOR 1 MORE YEAR — HOLIDAY MAGAZINE

How old were you when you learned the “truth” about Santa? Well, let’s back up a little bit. Let me start out by saying, first and foremost, that...

SPORTS & MORE: USA NEEDS A POWER PLAYER TO COMPETE IN WORLD CUP

The United States' participation in the Group stage and the Round of 16 at the World Cup lasted only four games for soccer fans (football to the...

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Keys Weekly delivered right to your inbox along with a daily dose of Keys News.

Success! Please check your email for confirmation.