Post. Share. Like. Comment. Follow. The words have acquired new significance in the digital decade, spreading news, information, rumors, photos, opinions, jokes and cat videos faster than this year’s flu.
With help from our digital marketing strategist, Maison Benitez at OMG (Over-seas Media Group), the Keys Weekly analyzed a year’s worth of online news and social media posts to see which ones got the most attention.
Here are three of our top performers from keysweekly.com, Facebook and Instagram:
FACEBOOK — @The Keys Weekly Newspapers
- Travis Pastrana Takes Flight Over Boot Key Bridge (780 Shares)
- No More Nudity At Fantasy Fest (283 Shares)
- Historic Old Seven-Mile Bridge Reopens In Florida Keys (156 Shares)
INSTAGRAM – @keysweekly (garnered a total of 29,400 “likes” in 2022)
- The Florida Keys celebrated the reopening of the historic Old Seven Mile Bridge — Jan. 12, 2022
- Upon the death of Queen Elizabeth II, the Keys Weekly recalls her 1991 visit to the Dry Tortugas National Park — Sept. 8, 2022
- Hurricane Ian churns around Key West’s Southernmost Point — September 2022
- NO MORE NUDITY: KEY WEST OFFICIALS EXPECT CHANGES TO FANTASY FEST, posted April 13, 2022: received 121,554 views
- 2022 BUBBAS: KEY WEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS, which took place in July, received 105,630 views
- TEXAS WOMAN REMAINS HOSPITALIZED AFTER SHARK BITE IN THE FLORIDA KEYS, posted July 6, 2022 received 57,622 views