Still waiting around for something to happen at your building site? Wondering what became of that application you filed? We got you. Here are the…
Top 10 reasons you are still waiting on your building permit
10. Instead of Fed Ex, email or facsimile, the Department of Economic Opportunity used a carrier pigeon to deliver the memorandum of understanding from Tallahassee to Marathon.
9. The application submitted by your contractor includes Etch-a-Sketch drawings, emojis and heavy use of the words “pleaz,” “idaknow,” and “extension cords.”
8. The country is recovering from a pandemic … everything is in short supply?
7. The governor heard that a Marathon building department staff memenber used the word “gay” while referring to a happy co-worker.
6. State officials mistakenly confused Marathon’s interpretation of their own building codes with Key West’s insolence.
5. The permits are with the missing “Planning Commission tapes.”
4. A certain “developer” bought them all.
3. They disappeared along with our snowbirds, workforce housing and dignity.
2. Islamorada stole them.
1. Comcast is down again.