During November, the Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce is recruiting area businesses to join.
“Membership has many benefits, such as business referrals, marketing opportunities, continuing education and beautification grants, as well as having an organization that represents and supports your business,” said Marathon Chamber board chair Teri Hiller.
New members joining in November will receive the following free or discounted items:
- Florida Keys Media (Conch Country 98.7 only): free radio ads for two weeks.
- Marathon Weekly: free business spotlight “Commerce Corner” ad.
- Florida Keys Free Press: free business spotlight ad.
- Time Out Magazine: 50% off for three ad runs (includes ad design).
- Marathon & The Middle Florida Keys Magazine: 20% off all ads.
- Marathon UPS Store: 20% print discount for Chamber members.
- US1 Graphics: New members get a free 32-ounce stainless steel drinking tumbler and a discount package on business printing, branded clothing, tee shirts, signs and banners.
- Overseas Media Group: free website audit or consultation.
- Magnum Broadcasting: 25 free ads on Keys Talk 102.5/96.9, plus 25 free ads on 105.7.
- Two Oceans Digital: destination marketing opportunities are available on top tourism websites Fla-Keys.com, Keywest.com & FloridaKeys.com. Mention this report and receive three months for the price of two on new contracted services. Also offering free digital marketing consultation.
- Marathon Chamber of Commerce: 20% off advertising (visitor center, newsletter, web banner, travel e-blast, minimum one year commitment).
- Marathon Chamber of Commerce: BOGO for one month in 2023 and get one (December) free for your Chamber membership.
- Sandra Lee Photography Studio: 10% off professional headshot and marketing photos/videos.
New members joining in November will be entered into a raffle to win a free dinner for two valued at $200 at Brutus Restaurant & Seafood Market.
The Marathon Chamber of Commerce also provides other opportunities for business members such as monthly networking events; academic scholarships; candidate forums; and advertising opportunities in the Marathon visitor center, website, travel e-blast, newsletter and more; as well as its annual educational seminars.
“As we grow our membership, we are able to expand these and other new programs to our members and community,” Chamber CEO Daniel Samess said. “What comes in goes back out in a way that benefits our businesses and community.”
For more information about joining the chamber or other business assistance, call 305-743-5417 or email Laura at [email protected]. The chamber is located at 12222 Overseas Hwy. in Marathon and is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.