Following the State and local government’s accordance, Isla Bella Beach Resort reopened to guests and team members on June 1, 2020. Located on 24 acres in Marathon, Florida, among the Middle Keys, the one-year-old hotel reopened under the guidance of its “Safeguarding Our Guests” strategy which has been meticulously crafted to adapt and implement precautionary hygiene protocols directed by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations, American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) “Safe Stay” initiatives, along with State, Federal and local guidelines to ensure that a clean, safe and healthy environment is provided for guests and staff.
“The safety, health and wellbeing of our guests, partners and employees has been and remains a top priority,” said Justin Nels, General Manager of Isla Bella Beach Resort. “We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the lead of the CDC, WHO, and government agencies and are looking forward to providing a safe, and relaxing, retreat for our old and existing guests.”
Spanning 24 oceanfront acres, the AAA Four Diamond property is uniquely positioned to allow guests the opportunity to spread out and maintain a comfortable distance, whenever possible. Resort amenities, activities and programming have been adapted to adhere to Safeguarding Our Guests best practices while still maintaining the Isla Bella experience.
Isla Bella Beach Resort will open at a 50% maximum capacity until further notice and implement the following precautionary measures:
Employee Safety + Hygiene:
- All employees in all departments have undergone specific Coronavirus training to ensure the highest levels of health and safety, and hygiene procedures.
- Employees have been trained to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, along with use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer every 60 minutes, as well as immediately after the following activities: using restroom, touching the face, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, after removing any protective equipment, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- Employees must have their temperature checked before entering a workplace. If an employee is showing symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they have been advised to NOT come to work.
- Team members have been instructed to discontinue handshaking and use non contact methods of greeting.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed in common areas throughout the resort as well as in employee back-of-house areas such as time clocks, breakrooms, and locker rooms.
- Every employee is required to wear a mask while on property and use gloves and goggles if their responsibilities require them such as housekeeping, public area attendants, engineers and anyone that may come in direct contact with guests. All employees have been provided training on proper usage and disposal of such items.
Cleaning Protocols and Sanitation:
- The hotel is spending extra time using sanitation methods in advance of guest arrival, and staff will avoid entering a room that has been cleaned.
- All disinfectant products meet EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Additional cleaning staff have been added to increase the frequency of deep cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection time will be implemented in between stays in a room.
- All employees and guests are expected to stay at least six feet away from others not traveling together.
- In areas where there is high traffic, we have added floor markings and signage so you know where to stand to comply with physical distancing.
- All meeting and banquet set ups will allow for physical distancing between guests. After every event, the room will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Pool seating has signage on every seat advising guests to keep at least 2 chaise lounges open in between parties to keep the appropriate physical distance
- All restaurant seating has been modified to add ample space by a distance of at least six feet in between each seated party. Bar stools have been spaced accordingly or completely removed.
- The hotel has created a mobile check-in and express checkout via the in-room smart tv to limit contact with the front desk.
- All guests will be asked to utilize hand sanitizer located throughout the property, practice physical distancing and limit contact with employees as much as possible.
- In-room dining will be limited to delivery only. Orders should be placed by telephone. When ready, orders will be left outside the door to limit contact.
- Per State Regulations, face masks must be worn at all times in any enclosed or covered building. This includes The Marketplace, The Spa, the lobby, and Il Postino. When dining, patrons may remove their face masks while at their table. We do require masks be worn when leaving the table. Outdoor dining does not require the use of face masks as tables are spaced six feet apart.
- When outdoors, the hotel does not require the use of face masks. The hotel does request that for the comfort of your fellow guests, you maintain social distancing of six feet as you travel around the property. If you are passing other guests, please modify your path of travel to maintain distance or use a face mask. Face masks are not required at the pool, but we do ask that you adhere to the above policy regarding distance.
Find the full enhanced cleanliness & sanitation protocols here.
In addition, Isla Bella has two reopening special offers available:
Waives of Summer:
Book by May 31st, 2020 to enjoy
- 15% discount on stays until October 15, 2020
- Waived resort fees
- Waived cancellation fees with 24-hour advance notice
- Must use PROMO CODE: WAIVE
Friends of Isla Bella:
- 25% or more discount
- Flexible cancellation up to 5 days before arrival
- No blackout dates
- 12pm late check-out
- Starting at rates of $254.00 in June 2020 – must be booked directly through website
Additional specials and offers can be viewed at www.islabellabeachresort.com.