By Alex Press
Locals love the months during the summertime because beaches and streets are not crowded with tourists looking at maps, the water is clear and warm and restaurants and bars cater to the people who live here.
Numerous bars and places to eat in town participate in providing specials. The Weekly staff named a few of the most popular spots to feature in our Staycation edition.
• Little Jazz Room two has for one happy hour from 12- 8 p.m. on all drinks.
• At the corner of Caroline and Whitehead is Kelly’s Caribbean Bar and Grill. From 4 to 7 p.m. they have $2 microbrews, $3.50 margaritas and $ 4.50 Key Lime Margaritas.
• Muse has half-off signature cocktails and craft brews from 5-7 p.m.
• Krawl Off Duval has a happy hour from 5-7 p.m. everyday on all draft beers, buy one get one free. Drink like a local.
• World of Beer has a steak special on Wednesdays for a 14-ounce rib eye for $14.95. On Monday it is half price on all drafts all day long with a local I.D.
• Seadog Tavern has 30 percent off everything for locals on Sundays. It has a large menu with mouthwatering burgers and wings.
• Hyatt has a happy hour everyday from 4 p.m. to close. It’s have half priced beer, house wine, well drinks and appetizers at the Blue Mojito Pool Bar and Grill.
• Johnny Rockets off Duval offers buckets of five bottles of beer for $10.
• Shots and Giggles has a happy hour daily from 5-7 p.m. during — 30 percent off everything.
• Bistro Sole has a happy hour from 5-7 p.m. daily — bar menu and wine by the glass are 50 percent off.
• Half Shell Raw Bar has a happy hour daily from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Happy hour patrons can snack on small plates of calamari rings, conch fritters or buffalo shrimp for $5.
• Santiago’s Bodega has its happy hour from 3-6 p.m., and it features half priced drinks, $10 off bottles of wine. Five-dollar appetizers include crab cakes, skewers and empanadas.
• 2 Cents has a happy hour menu at the bar nightly from 4-6 p.m.
•Two Friends offers $3 well and wine, half priced appetizers on everything except oysters and $2 domestic beers from 4-7 p.m.
Take advantage of these happy hours in the summer months and don’t forget to dine on the excellent restaurants on the list. Experience the various ambiances each place has to offer and if you have too many drinks at the happy hour take a cab ride home!