The 2023 Marathon Youth Club (MYC) youth soccer season is in the books, with 15 locally-sponsored squads taking the fields this fall for friendly competition. MYC extends its thanks to the following team sponsors for their unwavering support throughout the season: D’Asign Source, Keys Car Wash, Marathon Seawalls & Docks, Keyz Boat Rentals, Coral Construction Company, Small Town Marine LLC, Wolfe Stevens PLLC, Marathon Garbage Service, Campbell Engineering Consultants, American Coastal Vacation Rentals, the Keys Weekly Newspapers, Sweet Savannah’s of the Florida Keys, the Manz Law Firm, Driftwood Pizza, Pasta & Subs and GA Contractors Inc. The club also extends its thanks to:
- US1 Graphics for beautiful trophies.
- The league’s go-to MC, Jason Koler.
- Barry Gaukel for his time and talent producing team and player photos for the season
- The Mid Keys Booster Club for their grilling and fundraising – specifically Luis Gonzalez, Gerard and Sandy Roussin, Ed Sims, Robyn and Chris Still, Lynn Landry and Ryan Frederick
- Referee volunteers Tom, UB, Shannon Wiley, Rafael, Elena and Thomas
- The Hrytzay family for keeping concessions running smoothly and providing cold drinks and food to players and families, and all the parents who stepped up and helped in shifts for concessions throughout the season.
- All coaches and assistant coaches.
- DJ Trae Dae for always covering club events.
Not pictured: two 12U teams (received trophies before end-of-season ceremonies). Photos by MARATHON YOUTH CLUB/Contributed.