Granted, we’re stuck in the middle of an insanely active hurricane season; the humidity is still making the Florida Keys air thicker than bisque, and a global virus is still wreaking havoc on every aspect of life. But we at the Keys Weekly tried to find the silver linings of September in the Florida Keys. (Well, we tried.)
10. We have a legitimate reason to spend a half-hour surfing the National Hurricane Center website, clicking through each storm to make sure it’s not coming here. (Spoiler alert: They’re not, so far.)
9. Romaine lettuce is no longer trying to kill us.
8. It’s not March, April, May, June, July or August of 2020.
7. College football, the NFL, U.S. Open golf, U.S. Open tennis, Major League Baseball and the NBA playoffs. And someone is boycotting every one of them (but we know you’re secretly watching them all).
6. It’s “National Ignore an Asshole on Facebook” month. (OK, that’s not true, but it should be.)
5. It’s the month that most of us finally realized “Cobra Kai” is a must-watch.
4. We’re one month closer to the end of 2020.
3. It’s our last full month of thicker-than-bisque humidity.
2. It’s “National Support Your Local Newspaper” month. (OK, we made that one up, too, but it should be.) 1. Those darling little, umm, children are back in school. Finally.
1.Those darling little, umm, children are back in school. Finally.