This Saturday, The Bubbas: Key West People’s Choice Awards, will celebrate with the 6th annual awards banquet. Over the past six years, the awards show has created some of the most memorable moments of the year, while donating close to $90,000 back to local charities.
And as most know, each Bubbas event is kicked off by a traditional bit titled “You Might Be a Bubba If….”. With that, we look back at some of our favorites, along with some pictures from the past five events:
Top 10 Tops…You Might Be a Bubba If
- You named your boat “Cuzzie”, your kid “Bubba” and your testes “Oropeza & Parks.”
- You vote once in the primary … and twice in the general.
- You can tie over 100 different fishing knots but cannot tie a tie around your neck.
- You support Charity – who works at Teasers from 6—9 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- You ever brought a Yeti to church.
- Passing the field sobriety test was a requirement for your GED.
- In keeping with times, the breathalyzer you use to start your car features a biodegradable straw.
- You have at least 700 lbs of free weights in your driveway.