The 2017 Bubbas have been awarded, after more than 10,000 online votes, and now it’s time to celebrate the winners and participants. You’ll see them throughout this newspaper.
And in case you missed the awards ceremony last weekend, here are 10 nuggets about the Bubbas for you to file away:
Top 10 Reasons You Might be a Bubba …
- If you ever dropped anchor at Shanna Key.
- If you’re Cuban and don’t speak a lick of Spanish.
- If you manscape and filet your catch with the same knife.
- If you support Charity — who works at Teasers from 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- If you ever brought a Yeti to church.
- You ask your weed dealer for a 1099.
- If K-Mart don’t have it, you don’t need it.
- If you spend more time with your bocce ball team than you do your kids.
- You named your testes Horan & Higgins
- If passing the field sobriety test was a requirement for your GED.
Presented by the Key West Weekly’s Britt Myers and Jason Koler at the 2017 People’s Choice Bubbas Awards on July 15 at Key West Theater. (Photos by Nick Doll and Kristen Livengood)