INDEPENDENCE DAY FESTIVITIES IN THE FLORIDA KEYS

Local parades, beach parties and on-the-water fun topped off by fireworks displays will highlight Independence Day celebrations throughout the Florida Keys.  Key West The Key Lime Festival features culinary...

GUY HARVEY & FORCE BLUE JOIN I.CARE TO RESTORE OUR REEFS

In mid-June, Bud N’ Mary’s Marina was buzzing with activity. I.CARE, a nonprofit dedicated to restoring the local reefs of Islamorada, hosted Force Blue and Guy Harvey...
#Festival: Got Key Lime? - A bowl of food - Key lime pie

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT KEY LIME PIE?

A friend asked my wife and I if we were going to have some Key lime pie on our trip to the Florida Keys. Wondering what the...

SPORTS & MORE: U.S. OPEN & KEY WEST’S NEW BASKETBALL COACH

I watched a lot of sports shows last weekend to see what I could learn about the new LIV Series of professional golf, and I, of course,...

LOCAL NFL PLAYER MEKHI SARGENT GIVES BACK TO KEY WEST

NFL running back Mekhi Sargent was a Key West Conch before he became a Jacksonville Jaguar, and he hasn’t forgotten his roots.  Sargent faced some pint-sized defenders Friday...

HUMOR: TOP 10 SOUND BITES FROM KEY WEST CITY COMMISSION DISCUSSION ON FANTASY FEST...

Imagine Tuesday’s Key West City Commission meeting was a drinking game and every time someone said the word “genitalia” you had to take a shot. Let's just...

IN PICTURES: 12.5-MILE SWIM AROUND KEY WEST DRAWS 172 ATHLETES

Since 1996, swimmers have immersed themselves in their saltwater surroundings and competed in the Swim Around Key West, sponsored by the College of the Florida Keys. The 12.5-mile...

IN PICTURES: CASTAWAYS AGAINST CANCER HONOR RESEARCH PLEDGES ON 23RD TREK

On June 17, a group of intrepid kayakers and cyclists pulled into Key West Simonton Beach. For the paddlers, it was the end of a grueling one-week,...

COAST GUARD TALL SHIP EAGLE VISITS KEY WEST

There's a cool-looking ship at Mallory Square today through Sunday and will be open for tours this weekend. No, it's not a cruise ship. The U.S. Coast Guard...

JUNETEENTH CELEBRATES FREEDOM FOR ALL

While Monday marked the federal holiday for Juneteenth, Key West’s celebration took place Saturday, June 18. The event started with a ceremony at the African Cemetery on Higgs...

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Keys Weekly delivered right to your inbox along with a daily dose of Keys News.

Success! Please check your email for confirmation.