The holiday’s are here, let the house parties and celebrating commence.
We all have a few favorite snacks that we look forward to each season.
Below you’ll find a few of the simple, yet crowd pleasing options we all hope to encounter on the snack table.
Typically these are recipes reserved for get-together’s, but hey we aren’t here to judge if you whip up a batch while you catch up on Netflix or Bravo
bacon wrapped water chestnuts
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz sliced bacon
- 2 (8oz cans) whole water chestnuts drained
- Tooth picks & parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350Cover baking pan with parchment paper
- In saucepan combine ketchup, brown sugar & Worcestershire, heat to boiling.
- Pour sauce over bacon & water chestnuts
- Cut bacon into thirds and any large water chestnuts in half.
- Wrap water chestnuts in bacon and secure with tooth picks, place on pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon is completely cooked about 45 min
Slow cooker little smokies
- 2 (16 oz) packages of miniature smoked sausage links
- 1 (8oz) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12oz) bottle of bbq sauce
- Combine grape jelly and bbq sauce in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the mini sausage links
- Cook on high until heated through (2-3 hours)
Hot Buttered Rum
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter at room temp
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Bombarda Rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Mix brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth
- Transfer the mixture to a 4 cup of larger measuring cup
- Add rum and then 2 cups of boiling water
- Stir until butter mixture dissolves
- Divide into mugs
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and serve
Grandma’s Holiday Cheese Ball
- 16 oz (2 packages) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped pimento
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl | microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Mix together until well combined
- Add remaining ingredients and gently fold in.
- Place bowl in fridge and let set up for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into a ball and then roll in chopped walnuts
- Put into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers or fresh veggies
Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
- 2 Boxes (10oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (16oz) container of sour cream
- 2 cans (8oz) water chestnuts (chopped or diced)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 loaf of Sourdough bread
- Soak both packages of frozen spinach in warm water to defrost
- Drain spinach well, ring it like a wet towel to squeeze out excess juice
- Place spinach in a large bowl and mix in sour cream, onion soup packet, mayo, green onions, water chestnuts. Add as much mayo and or additional sour cream to fit your taste and consistency.
- Mix well
- Hollow out a large round loaf of sour dough, leaving at least a 2 inch wall in place.
- Move bread bowl onto a tray and pour in your dip
- Add different kinds or bread, crackers or tortilla chips and place them around the bread bowl
- Top off with parmesan and a dusting of pepper
- 4 to 6 oz of hot water
- 2 ounces Bombarda Rum
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 slice of lemon
- Cinnamon & sugar to taste
- Simply mix together
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups whole pecans (or your favorite nut variety)
- Mix sugar and spices in small bowl
- In a large bowl beat egg whites into stiff peaks
- Add pecans and toss well
- Add sugar & spice mixture and toss until well coated
- Bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- 15 min top shelf then 15 min bottom/middle shelf
- Let cool and enjoy!