Did you find yourself with a little extra time one day this week, at least when you weren’t googling to see why you couldn’t use your social media apps? You’re not alone:
Top 10 things that happened when Facebook & Instagram went down.
10. For the first time in five years, you had an actual meal with your kids that involved eye contact, spoken words and a semi-general interest in one another’s day.
9. Ironically, 2 million anti-vaxxers spontaneously combusted without an outlet (used by 100s of millions) to passionately combat “conformity” and “sheep.”
8. For about six hours, “influencers” took a moment to reflect and realized, “Oh shit, I’ve been wasting my life.”
7. Your iPhone sent you a message that read: “Congratulations! Your average screen time is down 825%.”
6. Millions of 30-something males figured out they can still do “leg day” at the gym without live-streaming it on Facebook.
5. For over six hours in Key West, no one knew what Landon Bradbury was up to.
4. Someone needed a recommendation for “best vegan-kid friendly restaurant on the island” and had no idea how to figure it out.
3. You were finally the first one to hear that a celebrity had died, but had no way to prove it.
2. Someone spotted a snake in their driveway and had no idea how to identify what species it was. (Note: If you live in the Keys, you already know it’s the same rat snake that a thousand other people have posted about)
1. If you were born on Oct. 4, no one remembered your birthday.