Although the music industry is still struggling to reschedule and revise performers’ national tours, the Key West Theater will reopen on Friday, June 26 for its first show since March.
On Friday, June 26, the theater will launch a Local Summer Concert Series on Fridays through August, featuring the musicians and comedians of Key West and the Florida Keys. One show will take place Thursday, July 2 due to the Fourth of July holiday.
“We’re excited to be able to put some money into our artists’ pockets and put some of our staff back to work as we hand over our stage to many of Key West’s beloved local performers,” theater director Kelly Norman said. “The series is designed to support our local community, musicians and staff. Ticket sales go directly to supporting the artists.”
All shows in the Local Summer Concert Series start at 7 p.m. Fridays at The Key West Theater, 512 Eaton St. Tickets are $15.
The theater is operating at 50% capacity with reserved seating and socially distanced tables, Norman emphasized. Masks are required upon entry and whenever a patron gets up from a table to use the restroom or move around the theater.
“All service is seated cocktail service. Employees will wear masks. All surfaces will be sanitized and hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venue,” she said, adding that parties of four or more people should email [email protected] about seating arrangements.The theater’s box office remains closed. Tickets and information are available at thekeywesttheater.com.
The summer concert schedule at 7 p.m. every Friday features:
- June 26: Joal Rush and Nick Norman
- July 2: (*Thursday show): Karri Daley and Jack Wolf
- July 10: Coconut Victrola Trio
- July 17: Larry Baeder and Friends
- July 24: River Les Traveled of The Swayzees
- July 31: Comedy Coven (Kathy Gilmour, Gwen Filosa, Stephanie Kaple)
- August 7: Tipsy and the Donuts (Ben Taddiken, Pete Jarvis, Larry Strickland)
- August 14: Kristen McNamara
- August 21: Jason Lamson, Claire Finley and Myles Mancuso