100 YEARS OF ARTS PATRON ANNE MCKEE

At 100 years young, Anne McKee still speaks in a clipped accent that betrays her roots in Newfoundland, where she was born in 1923, before the region...

$20K DONATION RESTARTS NURSING SCHOLARSHIP AT COLLEGE OF THE FLORIDA KEYS

The College of the Florida Keys has re-established the Julie Eckard RN Scholarship for students pursuing associate or bachelor’s degrees in nursing at CFK.  Dr. Kevin Mallinson, CFK’s...

KEY WEST TEENS ARE WORKIN’ FOR A LIVIN’ THANKS TO SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM

Plenty of teens want and have summer jobs, for the money and the sense of independence those earnings can bring, but how many consider the real long-term...

A NEW MARINA IS COMING TO KEY WEST

Key West’s housing crisis gets a lot of attention these days, but there’s another shortage that some people feel a little awkward complaining about, given the severity...

PARTING WORDS ON PATTI McLAUCHLIN’S KEY WEST RETIREMENT

“I’m committed to this community, my community. I’m committed to our employees … and I’m extremely honored to be the first woman city manager of my community.” Those...

OIL BILLIONAIRES BACK OUT OF BUILDING TEACHER HOUSING ON TRUMBO ROAD

The oil billionaires who had agreed to build teacher housing on Trumbo Road in Key West have pulled out of the deal with their regrets, Superintendent Theresa...

TAKE ME HOME FROM THE SPCA?

The Keys Weekly family loves animals as much as our friends at the Florida Keys SPCA do, and we’re honored each week to showcase some “furever” friends...

PIES IN THE SKY FOR ANNUAL KEY LIME PIE DROP

This week’s Key Lime Festival in Key West featured all things sweet, tart, delicious — and airborne. Sixty individuals and teams took part in the Key Lime Pie...

KEY WEST FIRES UP THE SKY FOR 4TH OF JULY

Once again, the southern side of Key West was brilliantly lit for the Fourth of July fireworks display, presented for more than 30 years by the Rotary...

MONROE COUNTY’S 200-YEAR CELEBRATION INCLUDES WORLD RECORD KEY LIME PIE

The Florida Keys’ bicentennial was celebrated Monday evening during a 200th “birthday party” featuring the creation of what is believed to be the world’s largest Key lime...

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Keys Weekly delivered right to your inbox along with a daily dose of Keys News.

Success! Please check your email for confirmation.