The Keys Weekly Newspapers are having a contest, and inviting our readers to submit the “Quarantine Employee of the Month.” Our first submission comes from the Weekly’s Sara Matthis. She says, “Luna is an excellent employee — interested in the editing process but tends to rip the work to shreds. It hurts our feelings; writers are sensitive.” Luna also helpfully drapes herself across the keyboard, has firm opinions about the Oxford comma and dinner time, and subscribes to some outlandish conspiracy theories regarding the origin of COVID-19.
RULES: This will be a rolling contest, with a winner selected every Friday the quarantine continues.
- “Employees” can be animals or people. They must be local to the Florida Keys.
- Extra points for creative descriptions of the employee’s contributions to the household or workplace during the coronavirus quarantine period.
- Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or posted in the comments section of the Weekly’s Facebook or Instagram page.
- Every Friday, Weekly staff will choose a winner.
- There could be a prize. Frankly, we’re wingin’ it with the goal of having fun.