STATE REPRESENTATIVE RACE INCLUDES A HEATED REPUBLICAN PRIMARY & 2 DEMOCRAT HOPEFULS – 2022...

The race to represent the Florida Keys in the state House of Representatives includes two Democrats and three Republicans. Incumbent Republican Jim Mooney faces a challenge in the...

SCHOOL BOARD DISTRICT 1 RACE PITS AN ATTORNEY AGAINST A LOCAL FOSTER MOTHER –...

Key West attorney Darren Horan and local foster mother Gabrielle Brown are vying to represent District 1 on the Monroe County School Board. There is no incumbent in...

BOOKS ABOUT SHOW BUSINESS, FROM TODAY & THE GOLDEN AGE

The Girls in the PictureBy Melanie Benjamin Known as the “Queen of Movies,” Mary Pickford was the first actual movie star in Hollywood. She won the first Academy...

SPORTS & MORE: THE ICONIC VOICE OF VIN SCULLY GOES SILENT

I didn’t have the opportunity to hear Vince “Vin” Scully as often as Dodgers fans. My experience was often limited to the nationally televised All-Star baseball games,...

HUMOR: TOP 10 THINGS THE FBI REALLY FOUND AT MAR-A-LAGO

Despite the media firestorm surrounding the FBI’s execution of a search warrant at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, we still haven’t learned the specifics of what was actually...

SCHOOL BOARD SETS LOWEST TAX RATE SINCE 2008

Ten percent of 300 is greater than 20% of 100. The same middle-school math lesson applies to property taxes in the Florida Keys, where soaring property values yield...

KEYS HISTORY: NO NAME KEY PROPERTY HAD TREES & TRAPS

The stocky Russian with large hands named Nicholas Matcovich left Key West with his wife Eliza in 1868. He had reportedly been managing a nursery at the...

PAWS IN PARADISE: STAY COOL IN THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

The first summer that I walked Ozzy down the streets of Key West, he pulled me from one side of the street to another, gravitating to shady...

ARMED FELON WITH OUT-OF-STATE WARRANTS ARRESTED AFTER BIG PINE STANDOFF

A 35-year-old Big Pine Key man, who police say was armed and had warrants for his arrest in two other states, was taken into custody after a...

ELECTIONS OFFICE LEAVES FROM KEY WEST LOCATION TO A MORE CONVENIENT SPOT ON STOCK...

The Key West elections office will move out of its downtown office on Whitehead Street next year and onto College Road on Stock Island. But the current...

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get Keys Weekly delivered right to your inbox along with a daily dose of Keys News.

Success! Please check your email for confirmation.