On Oct. 18, the Marathon Chamber of Commerce hosted a party for hundreds of members at Hawks Cay to present the new board, chairman and hand out recognition to its members. The annual event is a chance for the business community to reconnect and celebrate one another’s achievements.
Mike and outgoing Marathon Chamber board member Brandi Card, left, are pictured with Kate Koler and Sarah Cizmas.
The chamber’s new president, Mike Kiraly, right, presents an award to the best newcomer award to Matt Sexton of Grassy Flats Resort.
Chamber CEO Dan Samess was awarded a key to the city by officials in Lynn Haven, Florida. He consulted with the Panhandle city devastated by Hurricane Michael, following the Keys’ own experiences with Hurricane Irma.
The chamber recognizes its new and returning members: David Peck, left, Karen Thurman, Lori Gaukel, Grimi Betancourt and Paul Lebo.
Grimi Betancourt and Lynny Thompson pause on the red carpet at Hawks Cay Resort.
Chamber CEO Dan Samess, right, blows a playful kiss to outgoing chamber president Steve Hurley.
• Customer Service Award: Keys Animal Hospital
• Business Beautification Award: Crane Point Hammock Nature Center & Museum
• (Large Business) Community Contribution Award: Marathon Publix Store
• (Small Business) Community Contribution Award: All Area Keys Roofing
• Newcomer Award: Grassy Flats Resort and Beach Club
• Best Friend Award: Sandra Bradshaw
• Tourist Attractor Award: Turtle Hospital
• Humanitarian Award: Rotary Club of Marathon