The time was 1993. The political climate was shifting from a 12-year Republican White House to a young Democrat named Bill Clinton. Movies like “Jurassic Park,” “Groundhog Day” and “Schindler’s List” dominated the box office. And Dr. Dre and Snoop were forever changing the hip-hop game. Yet it was Meatloaf’s timeless power ballad, “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” that has stood the test of time. It’s the song we all listen to in the car (if no one else is around) and if you are over the age of 40, you probably included it on a sappy mix-tape for that special someone. However, even today, the debate remains…just what was the “that” in Meatloaf’s “But I Won’t Do That” for love? Always, here to help, the Keys Weekly finally tackles the answer to:
Top 10 Things Meatloaf Would Not Do For Love:
1) Clean out the stuff that gets trapped in the kitchen sink drain.
2) Let your mother move into the house.
3) Eat a Klondike bar.
4) Give up pain medication in any form.
5) Even consider buying a mini van.
6) Move Mountains. Lasso the Moon. Swim Across the Ocean …etc.
7) Reveal that he is only half of his previous stage act “Meatballs.”
9) Fill out a TDC grant application.
10) Get a Cat.